Women are eternally confused about what to wear, there’s no doubt to it. Recently, with so many new trends pouring in..the aztec print palazzos, off shoulders, ruffles or high waist lowers to name a few, our wardrobes are stuffed with almost everything but Ethnic!
Ever wondered where the idea of palazzos actually came from? It indeed started off as an alternative to leggings on Kurtis and we eventually westernized it with crop tops and what not! Today, I see so many teenagers apprehensive and unsure because apparently it makes them look like ‘Behenjis’ if they wear Indian. As an excuse, is it really too hot to wear a kurti and salwar or are we just a little too conscious? Nevertheless, just wanted to put it out there that you might or might not slay it in an off-shoulder or a bodycon outfit, but you definitely will look beautiful decked up in traditional.
Let’s have a look at my latest look where I’m wearing a boat neck kurti with a sharara palazzo.
In case you are still not convinced to stack up the ethnic section of your wardrobe, have a look at these 10 reasons below!
1. Extremely comfortable : Trust me when I say this, loose flowy kurtis are always a big yes especially in Summers!
2. Denim game on point : White shirt with a denim is number one, no denying. But a simple black kurta on denim is no less!
3. Nothing to wear to Office : This has been one of my greatest concerns as well. You have to agree that those pencil skirts and blazers look exciting for a while after which all we want for a 9 to 5 job is anything which makes us feel casual and comfy and that’s exactly where kurtis come to the rescue!
4. Mom’s vintage Jhumkas : What else would you flaunt your favorite Jhumkas with?They’re evergreen and all our mothers have an absolutely stunning collection to begin with.
5. Ageless and perfect for any body type : At 15, 20 or 30, you’ll never get just as done yet. Plus, it suits every body type.
6. Indo-western : Turn anything into this genre by minimalist efforts!
7. Fits every occasion : Summer, Spring or Winters.. They never go out of fashion and we won’t have any less occasions.
8. For all the Bindi lovers : Make up or no makeup, you could just put a tiny little bindi and you’re good to go!
9. Flaunt or hide? The best part is you can control what you show. A backless blouse or high neck embroidery, you can totally play with it.
10. Because, it’s simply BEAUTIFUL : Girls, believe it or not, Indian outfits lightens up the inner you. Its nothing else but beautiful.
Fun Fact : We celebrate the World Ethnic Day on 19th July every year.